- U/S 117705 – Knowledge of the Firearms Control Act 60/2000 must be completed first before moving onto the rest of the Basic Level Unit Standards
Level 2 Personal Use
- U/S 119649 – Handle and use a Handgun
- U/S 119650 – Handle and use a self-loading Rifle or Carbine
- U/S 119651 – Handle and use a manually operated Rifle or Carbine
- U/S 119652 – Handle and use a Shotgun
- U/S 123511 – Handle and use a self-loading Rifle for Business Purposes
- U/S 123514 – Handle and use a Shotgun
- U/S 123515 – Handle and use a Handgun for Business Purposes
- U/S 123519 – Handle and use a manually operated Rifle for Business Purposes
- U/S 123516 – Supervise Shooting Exercises
- U/S 123510 – Apply tactical knowledge in the use of firearms.
- U/S 123513 – Demonstrate tactical proficiency with a Handgun.
- U/S 123518 – Demonstrate tactical proficiency with a self-loading Rifle or Carbine.
- U/S 123512 – Demonstrate tactical proficiency with a Shotgun.
U/S 123517 – Safely Supervise the Operation of a Shooting Range and Tactical Shooting Exercises.
HOW THE PROCESS WORKS
Complete the online registration form above or contact the Skydda Tactical Training offices to complete your registration and schedule an appointment. You have the option of either complete the open book examination at your home OR completing the open book examination, closed book examination and practical training on the same day.
- If you opted to complete the open book assessment at home: Once you arrive at the training facility one of the accredited instructors will provide you with the necessary closed book assessment to be completed under supervision.
- If you’ve opted to complete the open & closed book assessments at the facility: Once you arrive at the training facility, one of the accredited instructors will provide you with the required open book assessment to be completed. Once that has been completed you’ll be given the closed book assessment to be completed under supervision.
Once both assessments are completed, you’ll continue to complete the practical evaluation.
Once you’ve passed both the assessment and the practical aspect, the certificate and SOR (statement of results) will be issued.
In our experience the average students take approximately 5 hours to complete the personal use training. Some have completed it faster and others have taken longer. If the students decides to complete the both assessments at the facility, please allow 2 days to complete the training.
It would be recommended that you bring your own food and drink for the duration of the training.
What to Wear:
- Closed shoes
- Sunblock (open air shooting range)
Should you have any questions or queries, please feel free to contact Skydda Tactical Security on email email@example.com