Firearm Competency Training
Open Under Lockdown Level 3 Regulation
Skydda Tactical Security has joined forces with Triplo Concepts in offering legally required, fully accredited by the PFTC as well as the SAPS, competency training. The training is offered to anyone who privately wants use a firearm and or who requires a Competency Certificate in terms of the relevant regulation. It is important to remember that by law any applicant has to have a SAPS competency certificate to be able to purchase/receive any firearm and apply for a firearms licence.
We also offer training for those persons who will through the application of the knowledge of the relevant legislation, carry, handle, shoot and maintain a handgun for business purposes.
At our accredited training facility, we offer the following proficiency training courses which are fully accredited by the PFTC (Professional Firearms Trainers Council) as well as SAPS (South African Police Service):
All prices are All Inclusive (Range Fees and Ammunition cost)
Level 1 Compulsory
- Legal test – Knowledge of the Firearms Control Act 60/2000 applicable to possession of a firearm R450.00pp
Level 2 Personal Use
- Handle & use of a handgun – R550.00pp
- Handle and use of a shotgun – R550.00pp
- Handle and use a manually operated rifle or carbine – R550.00pp
- Handle and use of a self-loading rifle or carbine – R550.00pp
Level 3 Business Use
(You have to complete Level 2 before moving to Level 3)
- Handle and use of a handgun for business purposes – R900.00pp
- Handle and use of a shotgun for business purposes – R900.00pp
- Handle and use a manually operated rifle or carbine for Business purposes -R900.00pp
- Handle and use of a self-loading rifle or carbine for business purposes – R900.00pp
- Regulation 21 Compliance Testing – R550.00 per unit standards
- Range Officer – Supervise a Shooting Exercises – R1,500.00pp
How the process works:
Complete the online registration form above or contact the Skydda Tactical Training offices to complete your registration and schedule an appointment. You have the option of either complete the open book examination at your home OR completing the open book examination, closed book examination and practical training on the same day.
NB!! PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING 2 X CERTIFIED COPIES OF YOUR ID!!
The Unit Standard Legal Test is compulsory when applying for SAPS Competency for the first time!!
- If you opted to complete the open book assessment at home:
Once you arrive at the training facility one of the accredited instructors will provide you with the necessary closed book assessment to be completed under supervision.
- If you’ve opted to complete the open & closed book assessments at the facility:
Once you arrive at the training facility, one of the accredited instructors will provide you with the required open book assessment to be completed. Once that has been completed you’ll be given the closed book assessment to be completed under supervision.
Once both assessments are completed, you’ll continue to complete the practical evaluation.
Once you’ve passed both the assessment and the practical aspect, the certificate and SOR (statement of results) will be issued.
In our experience the average students take approximately 5 hours to complete the personal use training. Some have completed it faster and others have taken longer. If the students decides to complete the both assessments at the facility, please allow 2 days to complete the training.
It would be recommended that you bring your own food and drink for the duration of the training.
What to Wear:
- Closed shoes
- Sunblock (open air shooting range)
Should you have any questions or queries, please feel free to contact Skydda Tactical Security on email email@example.com
study material, certification, range fees, use of firearms and ammunition are included in the cost of all training.